The Gender Pay Gap Report looks at the differences between pay of all men and women across Jigsaw. It’s published in percentages and split into 4 sections:
- Mean gender pay: The difference between the hourly average of men’s and women’s pay.
- Median gender pay: The middle value of men’s and women’s pay.
- Bonus Payments: Paid to both men and women.
- Pay quartiles: The percentage of men and women in each pay quartile.
This information is based on hourly rates at the snapshot on the 5th April 2022.
It is worth noting the following observations on gender pay gap reporting:
- If women do more of the less well paid jobs within an organisation than men, the gender pay gap is usually bigger.
- The Gender Pay Gap is not the same as unequal pay which is paying men and women differently for performing the same (or similar) work. Unequal pay has been unlawful since 1970.
- Companies with over 250 employees are legally required to publish Gender Pay Gap figures.