We take your privacy very seriously. This document outlines how we collect and use your data, and gives you information about your rights.
- Who are we?
For legal purposes, Jigsaw is known as the 'data controller'.
- How do we collect information?
When you place an order online or by phone
We will gather all the information we need to process your order. (For example: name, email, postal address, billing address, card number or other payment method details, contact phone number. We also capture your IP address for fraud check purposes only). When you first place an order online you will also be given the option to opt in for email marketing. We will not send you email marketing unless you tick the box to ask us to, or unless you have asked us to previously. You can opt out of email marketing at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email, or by contacting customer services.
When you place an order with us online, we will also send you a feedback request email even if you have not opted-in to receive email marketing. We do this so that we can improve our service to you. Any feedback you send us will remain anonymous. You can opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email, or by contacting customer services.
As with all sensitive data we keep all of these details securely in our systems. The exception is payment details which are sent to and managed securely by our payment service provider. We do not keep a record of your credit card, for example, apart from the card type and last four digits for reference.
When you opt in to receive marketing communications from us
There are several ways you might do this, for example:
- using an online form;
- giving your details to staff in store and explicitly telling them you want to receive emails;
- when entering a competition and asking us to send you emails.
When you make a transaction in store
When you shop in store you might be asked for your email address (and sometimes your name, address details, phone number). We do this so that we can understand and serve our customers better, and to make sure we know which offers you qualify for. You are not obliged to give this information and we will never send you an email promotion unless you have opted in to receive emails.
When you contact customer services
We keep records of any communications we have with you so that we offer the best service to you and so that we can refer to them at later date if we need to. As with all sensitive data, we keep these details securely.
Please note that when you contact customer services by phone, and when they contact you, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. We will not record any card details if you place an order over the phone.
Using CCTV in our stores
We keep CCTV recordings for security purposes only.
Using cookies on our website
- What do we do with your data?
When you place an order online or by phone – fulfilling your order
Primarily we use the data you provide to us to fulfil our contract with you: we use your delivery address to know where to send your order; we use your email address and mobile phone number to update you about your order status.
When you place an order online or by phone, or make a transaction in store – marketing
For marketing purposes we also use transaction data to analyse customer behaviour and to ensure we send you the most appropriate marketing (we don’t send you emails unless you ask us to). For example,
- if you buy a certain product we might send you information relating to other products based on your purchase history;
- if we want to know how many customers live in a certain area, we might generate a report to find that out.
We might also use the data you give us to send you information, offers or catalogues by post. If you do not wish to be contacted by post you can let us know using the contact details above, or you can visit this page.
We have a legal obligation to keep this data for six years in case we need to refer to it. However, we will usually keep data for twelve years since your last interaction: customers who haven't shopped with us for several years sometimes return to us.
When you opt in to receive marketing from us
We use any data you provide to us (at any time) as way to send you the most relevant marketing. For example:
- if you have provided us with your date of birth we might send you a birthday offer;
- if you have entered a competition to win Jigsaw girls' clothes we might send you marketing relating to that product range;
- if you have given us an address in a certain area we might let you know about a new store opening.
We will keep personal data unless you tell us you no longer wish to receive marketing from us, in which case we will remove your opt-in, but keep other data for twelve years afterwards in case you change your mind.
When you contact customer services
We only use this data to answer your query, to refer to at a later date if necessary and to train our staff. We have a legal obligation to keep this data for six years after which time it will be deleted from our databases.
Using CCTV in our stores
We do not access CCTV recordings unless we need to for security purposes. This data is erased after two weeks unless it needs to be referred to due to a suspected incident or for some other legal reason.
- Sharing your data
- Unless you have made a transaction with us we will not share your data with any third party outside of the Jigsaw group of companies. The retailers operating in the group are: Jigsaw UK (www.jigsaw-online.com), Jigsaw Australia (www.jigsawclothing.com.au), Jigsaw USA (www.jigsaw-london.com) and The Shop at Bluebird (www.theshopatbluebird.com). However, we will not send you marketing that is not relevant to your choices or demonstrated interests.
We do pass some data to third parties in order for them to fulfil services for us, but they can only use this data to fulfil those services for us and cannot pass it on, use it to fulfil services for other companies, or use it for their own interests. The types of companies we use are, for example:
- courier companies (to send orders);
- marketing agencies (to send out emails);
- data analysis companies (to provide us with tools to analyse our data);
- customer review companies (so you can leave feedback and we can improve our service to you).
- Sharing your data if you have made a transaction with us
- If you have made a transaction with us we might pass your data to other trusted retailers for the purpose of postal marketing communications.
In order to support this, we work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help retailers understand their consumers' wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Please note that we share only the information strictly necessary to support postal communications. Your email address and phone number will not be shared with the members of the Abacus Alliance.
If you do not wish to be contacted by post by other trusted retailers, you can let us know using the contact details above, or you can visit this page.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA (European Economic Area). The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please contact us using the details above.
- Your rights relating to personal data
- You have the right to access your personal data (to ask us what information we hold about you).
You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
You have the right to stop receiving marketing from us.
For all of the above, please do get in touch. Where we are obliged to comply with your request we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you have a complaint about the way we use your data please contact us. If we cannot resolve the problem for you, you can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/.