While the weather can’t make up its mind we are more than ready for summer’s warm glow, and this refreshingly fruity white sangria (made from a bottle of Brancott Estate’s superb sauvignon) is just the ticket to transport our minds, if not our bodies, to warmer climes. Join us!
The Recipe: Apple & Pear White Sangria
- A medley of thinly sliced apples and pears (we used two pears and one apple)
- 750ml dry white wine
- Soda water (we love San Pellegrino)
- 3 TBS white sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Prepare your fruit by slicing thinly or using a mandolin.
- Pop your sugar, lemon juice and zest and white wine in a large jug and stir until your sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate for around 4 hours to allow the flavours to infuse and to completely chill your cocktail.
- Top each glass with bubbly soda for a revitalising zing.